KOAA 5 is your home for coverage of the Winter Olympic games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
Here is a list of the events for Tuesday, February 13th:
· Speed Skating - The men’s 1500m features American Joey Mantia and 35-year-old compatriot Shani Davis, who took silver at this distance in 2006 and 2010. T
· Luge - USA’s Erin Hamlin, bronze medalist in 2014, looks to again disrupt the German hegemony in women’s Luge.
· Cross-Country (men’s and women’s individual sprint events).
· Alpine Skiing - Multi-medal threat Mikaela Shiffrin, who in 2014 became the youngest-ever Olympic slalom champion, begins her title defense as the heavy favorite (run 1 of 2).
· Snowboarding - Fellow American Shaun White targets a third Olympic halfpipe gold against a field that also features Oregon’s Ben Ferguson and Australia’s Scotty James.
· Figure Skating - Coverage includes the Pairs’ short program, where Team USA is represented by the husband-and-wife duo of Alexa Scimeca Knierim and Chris Knierim.
· Alpine coverage includes U.S. sensation Mikaela Shiffrin’s attempt to become the first back-to-back Olympic champion in women’s slalom (run 2 of 2).
· Short Track - Crazed South Korea could celebrate gold in the women’s 500m, where Choi Min-Jeong and Shim Suk-Hee are among the favorites, with 18-year-old upstart Maame Biney of Virginia an outside contender. Short Track action also includes qualifying in the men’s 1000m and men’s 5000m relay.